Digital Marketing Coordinator Job Posting
NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank (NMMB) is a community based, not-for-profit organization that provides screened and pasteurized donor human milk to babies in need when mother’s own milk is not available.
The mission of NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank is to provide pasteurized human donor milk to protect, promote and support the health of babies. For more information, please visit www.northernstarmilkbank.ca
Located in Calgary and reporting to the Executive Director, NMMB is seeking a part-time (24 hours/week) Digital Marketing Coordinator. Due to the growth of our organization, we are looking for an individual responsible for engaging and educating a variety of audiences on the importance of breastfeeding and the value of donor human milk.
*This is a 6 month term but may be extended up to 1 year*
· Management of all Social Media Platforms including content creation, design, scheduling, reporting, etc (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Linkedin)
· Management of website
· Management of email newsletter
· Planning of social events
· Updating of marketing material, such as brochures, postcards, etc
· Assisting with fundraising
· Engagement of donors through educational or informational sessions (baby fairs, conferences)
· Attending conferences
· Various other activities
Qualifications and requirements
· Post secondary degree
· Experience or background in Marketing or Communications (specifically Digital Marketing and Social Media)
· Experience with Content and Web management platforms preferred (Hootsuite, Wix, etc)
· Creative; experience with Canva or other design programs considered an asset.
· Proven team player and highly flexible
· Passionate about breastfeeding and working with families and babies
NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank is open to the public from 9:00am – 4:00pm Monday to Thursday, with Friday being an administrative/lab work day.
Marketing Coordinator Work hours are Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from 8:00am-4:00pm but may vary with ongoing activities and conferences.
The work environment of NMMB is business casual and very welcoming in nature. As a result, our staff is a reflective of that environment.
Remuneration for the position
The successful candidate will be paid $23- $26 per hour based on experience and qualifications.
Timing: August 17th start date.
For your resume to be considered, please answer the following and send with your resume:
Why are you interested in this position?
After looking at our website, what applicable experience do you feel you can bring to our organization?
Do you have any questions or comments about the value of human milk?
Please submit a cover letter and resume for the position to: