We're Hiring: An Administrative Assistant
NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank (NMMB) is a community based, not-for-profit organization that provides screened and pasteurized donor human milk to babies in need when mother’s own milk is not available.
The mission of NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank is to provide pasteurized human donor milk to protect, promote and support the health of babies. For more information, please visit www.northernstarmilkbank.ca
Located in Calgary and reporting to the Manager of Donor Services ,NMMB is seeking an Administrative Assistant who can offer a positive attitude and strong organizational skills to our busy office environment. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated proficiency as well as a high capacity for working in a multi-task focused environment, and can work independently with minimal supervision. Strong verbal and communication skills are required.
- Managing correspondence and intake from milk drop locations across the country
- Receiving, organizing, and tracking milk donations
- Coordinating shipping to hospital NICU’s across the country
- Liaison and scheduling with local courier for shipments
- Filing and administrative work of donor files
- Coordinate with community members as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-Secondary Education
- Experience with shipping and with corresponding with medical professionals an asset
- Computer proficient with the ability to work with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Superior written and verbal skills with the public and health professionals
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank is open to the public from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Thursday. The work environment of NMMB is very business casual and very welcoming in nature. As a result, our staff is reflective of that environment.
Job Type: Full Time (32-40 hours per week)
For your resume to be considered, please answer the following and send with your resume:
1. What provinces does NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank have Milk Drop locations in?
2. After reviewing our website, what questions do you have about the importance of human milk?
3. What skills & experience do you bring that can further the mission of the milk bank?
Please submit a cover letter and resume for the position to: