NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank is a community-based, not-for-profit charitable organization that provides screened and pasteurized donor human milk to babies in need when mothers own milk is not available.
The mission of NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank is to provide the benefits of pasteurized donor human milk to premature and ill children to protect, promote and support the health of babies. The donated milk is collected, tested, pasteurized and distributed by prescription.
Manager of Donor Services, reporting directly to the Executive Director
· Mentor and train staff and volunteers – presently have three direct reports
· Assisting donors through the process and follow-up
· Reviewing donor files and approving them for donation
· Support for donors which may include bereaved, and surrogate as well as outpatients
· Help to co-ordinate milk deliveries to hospital through FedEx and local courier
· Maintain partnerships with milk drops across the Prairie Provinces as well as pharmacies who dispense milk
· Greeting donors and accepting their donations (COVID restrictions apply)
· Attendance at various fund raising or educational events/presentations
· Comfortable with public speaking and representing the milk bank at various functions
· Facilitate prenatal Breastfeeding Classes
· Other duties as determined by Executive Director
Qualifications and requirements
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Public speaking skills
· Computer proficient with ability to work with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
· The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision as well as a high capacity for working in a multi-task focused environment
· Medical background required
· Preference will be given to an individual who has an RN and IBCLC designation
A highly motivated and empathetic individual with a passion for their work and the mission of the organization are required.
NorthernStar Mothers Milk Bank is open to the public from 8 am-430 pm Monday to Thursday. Fridays are reserved for work overflow. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will work 1-2 Fridays per month. The work environment of NMMB is business casual and very welcoming in nature. As a result, our staff is reflective of that environment.
Remuneration will vary depending on experience and education ($52,000-$58,000/year).
NMMB offers a comprehensive health benefits package. Three weeks per year holidays.
The candidate will start Monday, January 11, 2021.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to: